Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

I started the New Year with a champagne breakfast with my children, my sister and my brother-in-law. We then played some squash and tennis so no walking training happened today.

Saturday 31 December - 8 km Fartlek


It had been raining steadily for most of the day and I had put off going for a walk. Around 5 pm I decided to drive into town for a flat area to do my training session. Fortunately the rain had all but stopped by then. My first 500m was pretty slow but I did get into more of a sprint for the second 500m. It surprised me that I was able to keep my slower 500s at a good pace but I had to turn around and head back towards town to find a toilet. That explains the drop in heart rate at 3 km. I was a bit slow getting going again but then completed quite a good session with an average pace of 6:08/km and average HR of 157 bpm.

6:10
3:16 + 2:57 = 6:13
3:02 + 2:49 = 5:51
3:24 + 3:01 = 6:25
3:09 + 2:55 = 6:04
3:10 + 3:01 = 6:11
3:15 + 2:53 = 6:08
3:13 + 2:49 = 6:02


I must have forgotten to turn my watch off after finishing 8 km. The averages are over the 8 km only.

8 km Fartlek

Friday 30 December - 6 km Training Walk

The weather was miserable all day but there were only two days left in the week and I had two training sessions left to do, so staying in wasn't an option. I decided to pick the easier session and to wear my raincoat so I wasn't completely drenched. I didn't want to drive so I walked from home, mostly downhill to the Ngaio roundabout, meaning I had largely an uphill trek back. I tried to pick the least steep route on my return and ensured that my 6 km was finished before getting to my street which is too steep to be able to racewalk. I completed 6.25 km in 43:50 for an average pace of 7 min/km. It's not fast but better than some of my recent sessions.

6 km Training Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment