Monday, January 2, 2012

12 km Training Walk

I decided to drive to the Petone foreshore for today's walk which would also include the Hutt River. I have walked parts of this route in a number of different races. I was very tight today and couldn't relax into reasonable pace. I stopped after one km to take off my jacket and couldn't avoid pressing the lap button as I pulled the sleeve over my Garmin. I was pretty hot throughout the walk and was grateful for the breeze I was walking into on the far side of the river. Not a great session today with an average pace of 7:22 and average HR of 134 bpm.

12 km Training Walk





The photos and videos were taken by Philip when I did my sprint workout at the track on Christmas Eve. The photos show what my legs look like when they are as straight as I can get them. It's not surprising I get judged as having bent knees! The videos seem to show that as I concentrate on speed, my form suffers.





No comments:

Post a Comment