Sunday, January 15, 2012

12 km Training Walk

We (Philip and I) left this walk until late afternoon. It had been windy all day and it didn't settle down at all. I suggested we walk along the Hutt River which I thought would be more sheltered than our usual round the bays route. After around 3 km we were walking directly into the gale and it was slow going. I made a determined effort to push off my back toe and I could certainly feel the difference.

It occurred to me that my right archilles hadn't been giving me any problems over the last 6 weeks or so. It was sore after today's walk are were my toes (My toe joints are lacking flexibility and I have neglected to do the regular stretching of these recommended by the podiatrist). That got me wondering if my technique went backward because I unconsciously found ways to reduce my discomfort in these things. I did walk better today but probably not when fighting my way into the gale.

We took around 1:32:30 for 12 km for an average pace of 7:43. I will add Garmin data later. Average HR 124 bpm.

No comments:

Post a Comment