Saturday, January 28, 2012

3 km Track Race

I should have been doing 7 x 1 km today but I wanted to support the weekly race at the track. I had thought that perhaps I would do another 4 x one km sprints after the race, depending on if I was still as stiff and slow as yesterday. I did at least 1 km warm up before the race and was struggling to go over 7 min/km. I thought perhaps I would finish behind a few of the walkers that I normally beat. I'm not sure quite what happened when the gun went off but somehow the sore muscles didn't hurt so much and I managed to get into a reasonable rhythm. I was surprised to get to 3 km in 18:29 since I had been concentrating on technique and had not walked at top speed. My average HR was 153 bpm. I did another km or so to warm down and then some stretches but I didn't think it was a good idea to do any more sprints.


Philip took some film of my walk today which I will post here.








1 comment:

  1. looking way better Terri!! well done.

    Wont take long for your speed to come back .. first just get your body used to the new techn.

    ReplyDelete