Thursday, January 26, 2012

15 km Training Walk

There were northerly gales blowing in Wellington today and I happened to have 15 km on my programme. Nothing for it - these could be exactly the conditions I have to race in at some stage so there is no use wimping out. I did decide not to go for an out and back course. That would have blown me down to Kilbernie and it would have been a huge battle to come back into the wind. Instead I did three and a bit 4 km laps along Oriental Parade, mostly with the wind at my side. I could not help gasping out a small squeal when I was dowsed by a wave washing over the footpath. I won't need to exfoliate for a while - the sand blowing across my skin did a good job of that. It took quite an effort to get the sand out of my hair afterwards too.

I felt my technique was good and I was pleased with the time I achieved in difficult conditions. 1:52:37 to complete 15 km for an average pace of 7:30 and an average HR of 129 bpm.

No comments:

Post a Comment