Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pelorus Trust Half Marathon

It was raining heavily through the night but had stopped when I got up at 5:30 am to get some breakfast and get ready for my 8:00 am start. My legs had stiffened up this week so I wasn't feeling confident of getting a good time but after seeing the entry list, I wasn't expecting any competition in the women's race. I never really felt comfortable throughout the race but managed to maintain a steady effort and finished in 2:22:19, about 8 minutes ahead of the second placed woman. It rained for about the last 3 km but apart from that race conditions were very good. It's a pity I wasn't able to take advantage of them. It's not a fast course but I did manage 2:20 two years ago and really should have been able to do better than today's result. I was happy with my time today though, given the way I was feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment