Tuesday, September 20, 2011

5 km Waterfront Race

It wouldn't have taken much for me to decide to give today's race a miss but I didn't have a good reason not to turn up. There was a cold southerly wind blowing and I decided to wear a long sleeved compression top. I don't like getting hot so that was a risk.

I maintained a steady pace without going hard out, aiming to catch some of the slower runners that I usually beat. I figured my time was likely to be around 31:30 and was pleasantly surprised to come in at about 30:53. I haven't yet gone over 31 minutes this season. The top of my foot was a bit sore at the end of the race. The podiatrist checked this last week and I will ask him about it again when I see him on Friday to discuss the video footage he took at the track on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment