Sunday, August 21, 2011

Recovery walk

Jim told me yesterday that I could have a couple of days off after the race and he would give me a new programme early next week. My experience is that a walk the day after an event helps me to loosen up and I generally feel much better for walking than if I take the day off. I was also keen to start working on my technique which was not as secure as I had hoped for yesterday.

My first km was a warm up - I was not in a hurry. When I saw it was over 8 minutes I decided to work a bit harder to achieve an average pace better than 7:30 per km. It was a lovely winter's day and many people were out enjoying it so it was a challenge to dodge everyone on my way. I decided to turn around at the 5.5 km marker after almost 40 min. My plan was to stop at a favourite cafe about 1.5 km from my work where my car was parked.

I felt I was walking pretty well even though the speed was not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment