Friday, August 12, 2011

60 min with 2 x 6 min breakouts

I was feeling pretty tired and stiff and it was raining. I couldn't find my shorts when I went to get changed and was quite happy to give it a miss today. The rogue shorts were under my desk so I had no excuse.

I set my watch on 1 km laps and decided I would speed up on the 3rd and 6th laps. My first two km were slower than I wanted but not bad. My fast lap was encouraging at 5:48 but my slow laps became very slow, particularly after a bathroom break. My second breakout was 6:17 and the remaining laps incredibly slow. Perhaps going out today wasn't such a good idea. I'll make sure I get an early night tonight.

Max heart rate 160 bpm (on first lap)
Avg heart rate 111 bpm - I was struggling!

My race tomorrow is about getting your estimated time (no watches allowed) so if I'm still tired I will take it easy and concentrate on technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment