Thursday, August 25, 2011

6 km

My focus this week is on technique but I did want to keep a reasonable pace. My aim was to average 6:45/km. I had a pilates consultation before my walk and that confirmed that there is a lot of work to do to get my 'postural muscles' firing. The pilates session involved a lot of deep breathing which I tried to apply in my walk. The cold wintry air was almost stinging my nose, making me realise that I normally breathe shallowly through my mouth. Just one more thing to try and change over time.

The wind was quite strong on my way out and also on the last km or so. I do think that my style is improving and there are some muscles in my butt that are working more than they used to. My watch didn't cope well with the turn around today and has created a couple of extra laps that didn't happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment