Sunday, August 7, 2011

130 min

I live on a hill so need to drive to get to a flat place for racewalking. Philip had the car so I had to use the scooter. Worried about security, I decided to leave it in the basement at work and head out around the bays. I go this way most week days so would normally have chosen somewhere else on a Sunday.  The place was teeming with people out taking advantage of the sunshine.  My aim was to concentrate on stretching out my core, pushing my hips forward, tucking my butt under and occasionally I remembered to try and keep my back foot down as long as possible and to bring my knee straight through. I checked my speed against the distance markers and found I was doing 7:30 per km. I would have liked to go faster but was happy enough with the speed given that I raced yesterday and the aim of today's session was to concentrate on technique. I ran out of footpath at 63:30 so turned around and headed back. The wind was much stronger in this direction butI still managed to get back about a minute faster which was pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment