Thursday, November 17, 2011

Holiday Walking

Wednesday 15 November

The aim was to walk 15 or 20 km today but I was pushed for time and knew I wasn't going to get that far. It was hot and for the second time I was struggling to go under 8 min/km. I didn't know I could walk that slow! I hadn't downloaded my last couple of training walks from the Garmin and it finally told me it had run out of space for lap recording. Unfortunately it beeped continuously after that so I had to turn it off so I'm not sure just how far I walked today. It was probably around 10 - 12 km.

Tuesday 14 November

We woke up earlier this morning so went for a walk around the estuary. I was trying to walk correctly but was making no effort to walk at speed. I hadn't worn my GPS since I planned to do a real training session later in the day. We walked sedately for about an hour - probably not more than 5 km. We met up with Nyle in Nelson for lunch then tried out some electric bikes. By the time we caught up with friends on the way back to Motueka it was time to go to my sister's place for dinner so the real walk didn't happen.

Sunday 13 November

I set out to do a 20 km walk but I was slow in the Motueka heat, averaging around 7:40/km. I stopped off to grab a drink of water from a friend and ended up chatting for over half an hour. I did walk 15 km but in three stints.

15 km training walk

Friday 11 November - 12 km with 2 x 6 min @ 20 km pace

I went out after work to fit this training session in before going out to dinner. That gave me a good incentive to move it along and fortunately I was able to do that. I averaged 6:54/km.

12 km training walk

No comments:

Post a Comment