Friday, November 4, 2011

6 x 1 km with 2 min recovery

It was still quite windy today so I chose a course that was sheltered to some extent by buildings along the side. The times do reflect the fact that the odd numbered laps were into the wind and the other laps had a tail wind. I am still not a strong in my new technique as I would like (and thus not as fast) but I'm confident that my training efforts will eventually be rewarded with a increase in speed. I was happy with this workout.

The lap times were 6:26, 5:59, 6:17, 6:21, 6:39, 6:24 for an average speed of 6:20 and average HR of 152 bpm.


Thursday 3 November - 12 km with 2 x 6 min @ 20 km pace

The forecast was for rain later in the day so I headed out to walk early so that I could get back for a 1 pm team meeting. I knew it would be extremely windy but I decided to brave the waterfront anyway. 20 km pace for me is around 6:30 per km. I knew I would have to do this on the way out with the wind behind me as there was no chance of going this fast into the gale force winds. I figured 2 x 6 min was close enough to 2 x 1 km. Once I turned to head back I felt the full force of the wind which stopped me in my tracks at times. I struggled to stand tall and retain form under such an onslaught.

My lap times were: 7:42, 6:42, 6:32, 6:53, 6:41, 7:15, 8:23, 7:37, 7:43, 7:15, 7:47, 7:45

Average pace 7:21, HR 133 bpm

There are a number of road crossings in the first and last lap. My 8:23 lap was hard fought into the wind. I figure there 3-4 laps that roughly equated to 20 km pace. I was feeling stiff from the 5 km on Tuesday and didn't have any more speed in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment