Sunday, February 3, 2013

20 km Training Walk

I got to bed just a little after midnight but was awake around 6:00 am and at work by 8:00 am. I didn't have a huge amount of energy but after 4.5 hours of work I was ready to get out. Once again the paths were busy - it was another lovely day and people were out enjoying it.  The  strongish breeze brought some welcome relief to the hot sun.

My pace was slow but I felt comfortable for the whole distance today and was encouraged by my time of 2:35:12, average pace 7:46, average HR 125 bpm.

20 km Training Walk

Saturday 3 February - 3 km Track Race


My hamstring was still feeling sore and the sun was burning down so I decided to walk at a relaxed pace for this race.  I started off in 5th place and moved up to 3rd over the first 200m. There was no way I was going to get anywhere near Stuart who was in first place but I think I avoided being lapped by him.  Jackie and Ian had both gone out very fast, better than 6 min/km pace for that 200m. I didn't pass Ian until the 500m mark.

There were four judges but no board operating. I wasn't aware of any warnings and was delighted to find I received no cards and only one warning in the finishing straight. My time of 18:31 was pleasing - when I decided not to sprint I anticipated a time of over 19 minutes. I have sometimes had worse results when I was going as hard as I could. It goes to show that relaxing in a race is very beneficial.

My average pace was 6:10 km/min and average HR 161 bpm.

3 km Track Race


No comments:

Post a Comment