Wednesday, February 6, 2013

15 km Training Walk

A public holiday was a perfect opportunity to get out and do my 15 km walk. The forecast had not been good but the weather gods were kind and the walking conditions were good. There was a moderate southerly to slow me a bit on the way out whilst keeping me cool and to push me back.

We had a bit of a slow start to the day with blueberry pancakes and a look around the Waitangi Day celebrations on the waterfront before starting walking at about 12:20 pm. It was good to be walking with Philip who had been in Nelson for a couple of weeks. Once again my pace was not great but it did get faster without the head wind and my time of 1:51:33 was okay. Average pace 7:26, average HR 123.

15 km Training Walk

Tuesday 5 February - Cross Training - 5 km Waterfront Run


I wasn't sure if I would walk or run but since my hamstring felt okay when I did a little running, I decided to run. There was a moderate southerly wind so the day was a lot cooler than last week.  I tried to keep up with one of the Scottish runners for the first km but lost touch with her after that. I got to the turn at 12:45 so my target of going under 26 minutes was looking good. I tried not to flag too much on the return leg and finished in a time of 25:46. I have run almost two minutes faster than this but that was more than a few years ago when I was doing some running training. There is no Gamin data - I forgot to grab the watch when I sorted out my gear before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment