Tuesday, February 26, 2013

15 km Training Walk with 2 x 5 min at 20 km pace

Today the weather was great for walking - warm and calm. I left the office at around 5 pm and headed down to the waterfront. It took me a while to get going but I did manage the two fast legs before my turn around. My overall time was 1:52:32 for an average pace of 7:29 and average HR 127 bpm. I would have liked to have been faster and I'm taking iron tablets in case anaemia has been holding me back.

15 km Training Walk

Sunday 24 February - Opau Bay Walk


Philip and I drove up to the Westwind Recreation Area by the Meridian Energy wind farm at Makara. We were hoping to walk amongst the turbines but there was only one that is accessible to the public. There was a walk that followed the valley below the turbines down to the beach at Opau Bay. We sat on a large log to eat our lunch, looking across to the Marlborough Sounds. It was a magic day!

We then walked around the coastline to Makara and up the hill to the old gun emplacements. From there it was a short walk back to our car park. I wore the Garmin to give an idea of the distance covered. I did not turn it off each time we stopped to read signs or enjoy the view. We walked for around 3 hours and covered just over 10.5 km.

Opau Bay Walk

Saturday 23 February - 3000 m Wellington Championship


I played tennis doubles and singles in the morning but fortunately the matches were relatively short and I was able to get to the track in time for a good warm-up. It was a sunny day and conditions would have been very hot if the strong wind had not been blowing. I expected to be the first woman to finish but did not feel confident of getting a good time.  My pace for the first lap and a half had me on track for a PB but I received a warning from Peter not long after that which gave me the excuse I was looking for to slow down a little. My remaining laps were at a consistent pace but my time of 18:33 was 45 seconds over my best time. My average HR was 158 which is a bit under my usual racing average.

3000m Wellington Championship

No comments:

Post a Comment