Wednesday, February 20, 2013

8 km Training Walk

It was a very hot day with a moderate northerly wind. I was feeling stiff after yesterday's race so started slowly. I improved after that except for when I was walking directly into the wind. My focus was on technique and I was pleased with today's session.

8 km in 55:53 for an average pace of 6:59 and average HR 140 bpm.

8 km Training Walk

Tuesday 19 February - 5 km waterfront Race


I have run a few of these races recently but this resulted in a slight hamstring pull that I did not want to aggravate so it seemed best to walk. I wanted to save energy for the Wellington Champs 3000m race on Saturday so I was quite relaxed in this race. My form felt pretty good and  I got positive comments from David Lonsdale who was watching the race.  I was pleased with the time of 31:13 - it was better than I predicted. Average pace 6:15, average HR 161 bpm.

5 km Waterfront Race

No comments:

Post a Comment