Thursday, January 31, 2013

15 km Training Walk

It was another warm day but with a bit more breeze that kept the temperature down a bit. I didn't expect to be fast so it seemed a good idea to meet up (after 2 km) with some of the club walkers who go out on a Thursday. I was expecting a speed of around 7:30 min/km but unfortunately I pulled away from them as soon as we started. I didn't want to go any slower so that was the last I saw of them.  I was glad the shade along the way and the tail wind that enabled two 5 minute bursts at a faster pace.

My time was 1:52:55 for an average pace of 7:32 and average HR of 131. My left ankle is feeling really tight and sore but my right hamstring is getting better. That injury has made me think about using my butt and not the hamstring which is all good.

15 km Training Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment