Wednesday, January 30, 2013

8 Km Fartlek

I should have been doing 10 km today but it was tempting to give training a miss. Work is busy, my right hamstring was sore, it was very hot and there was tennis practice at 6 pm.  With a bit of determination I got myself out the door and down to the waterfront. Being such a lovely day, the paths were busy with bikes, scooters, skateboarders, prams, runners and pedestrians so it was a challenge to find a way through at times. I was a bit pushed for time so decided to cut the walk back to 8 km. I flagged a lot over the last 2 km so that was a good decision.

My pace was not great but the Garmin data does show that I did try to speed up for those fast laps. I am happy with what I achieved today.  8 km in 54:32 for an average pace of 6:49 min/km and average HR 151 bpm.

8 km Fartlek

No comments:

Post a Comment