Monday, July 2, 2012

Three Workout Reports

Sunday 1 July - 16 km Training Walk

It was a cold but calm day - great conditions for walking. We drove into town and left the car near the bus depot. The plan was to walk 16 km to a cafe in Island Bay, have a leisurely lunch and read of the paper then catch the bus back into town and drive home.  After a good sprint session on Friday and a day off on Saturday I thought I would manage a good speed but it took all my effort to average 7:19. I think that the cold weather had ceased up my muscles. The harbour was stunning this morning and the open sea beautiful. We are so lucky to have such a great place to walk! My total time for 16 km was 1:57:04 for an average pace of 7:19 and average HR of 134 bpm.
16 km Training Walk

Friday 29 June - 3 x 2 km + 2 x 1 km with 2 min recovery

I did this workout in error the previous Friday when I was meant to do 5 x 1 km @ 80% effort. That day I held back and averaged 6:15/km so I was determined to do better than that this time.  I felt pretty good on the first two laps and was pleased to finish 4 km in 23:30. The return laps were into a strong wind which slowed me down significantly. I worked really hard, determined to average under 6 min/km and completed the 8 km in 47:59 - right on target! I had forgotten to hunt out my heart rate monitor so there is no HR reading for this workout.

3 x 2 km 2 x 1 km with 2 min recovery

Tuesday 26 June - 10 km Training Walk

This was a recovery walk after achieving a PB in the half marathon two days previously. (I realised my 20 km time in that event was 2:07:40 which is 2:06 better than my best time but not judged). My aim was for a gentle walk with good technique. It was a lovely day and I enjoyed my walk. It surprised me that I was quite loose despite the recent race. I must have left my heart rate monitor in my gear bag from the race when I put it away and didn't have time to hunt it out before heading to the train to get to work so there is no HR reading. My total time was 1:10:53 for an average pace of 7:05. It's not a great time but I had expected I could be slower than that.

10 km Training Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment