Friday, July 27, 2012

6 x 1 km with 2 min Recovery

Thursday 26 July

This session was on last week's programme but I didn't manage to fit it in. Jim had given me a very light week this week so I decided to give this one a go.  I was hoping to achieve something under 6 min / km, possibly closer to 5:45.

The previous night I had a squash training session of about 40 minutes of squash drills which tends to be pretty tiring for the glutes. I'm not sure if that was the reason but I struggled to get comfortable in this session. My arms felt heavy and achy and each 500m seemed to take an age. I had an extra long break after 2 km to visit the toilets in a local cafe but I wasn't any better after that. There was a bit of wind on the return legs but I know that wouldn't have bothered me on a good day.

I completed the 6 km in 36:48 for an average pace of 6:08 and average HR of 150 bpm. My splits were 6:05, 6:01, 6:07, 5:57, 6:23, 6:14

6 x 1 km with 2 min recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment