Sunday, July 8, 2012

16 km Training Walk

The day was fine. cool and calm. We drove to Kilbirnie to watch a young friend play in a national futsal tournament then set out to walk from there.

I decided to walk around the peninsular - pretty much the reverse of an old half marathon course from years ago. I don't walk this way often because of the need to walk on the road for a large part of the way. It's really scenic, starting in the harbour and going over the Pass of Branda towards the open sea.

Philip walked with me for the first 4 km then stopped at a cafe, planning to meet me back at the car. After going around the peninsular I walked through the airport and was a km or two away from my starting point when the 16 km was up. I phoned Philip to pick me up and we went to a favourite cafe for a late lunch.

I enjoyed this walk today. The pace was an easy 7:19 km and average HR  133 bpm.

16 km Training Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment