Saturday, July 7, 2012

7 x 1 km with 2 min Recovery

I had been looking forward to this session after average 6 min/km in last Friday's speed work. I was hoping to better this by around 10 seconds.

I visited the dentist on Thursday morning and ended up having a difficult extraction that left me with stitches and on antibiotics. The dentist advised that I took it easy on Friday so I deferred my training to day.

We stayed up until about 2:30 am to watch the Wimbledon semi-final and had a bit of a late start to the day. I went out to walk just before mid-day. Since I am often slow to warm up in my sprints I walked 1.5 km before starting but  struggled to do better than 7:30 pace.

I put in a reasonable effort today but this is not shown by my results. It was an achievement to even complete the workout! I will go for an easy 16 km tomorrow and hope to pick up over next week once the drugs get out of my system.

My splits were: 6:15, 6:07, 6:06, 6:10, 6:09, 6:17, 6:26 for a total time of 43:30, an average pace of 6:13 and average HR of 153 bpm.

7 x 1 km with 2 min recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment