Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wellington Masters 10 km

I hadn't planned to race today but Masters Athletics struggles for support in Wellington and I like to turn up to races if I can. It was 20 km on my programme so I did another couple of very slow km after the race with the thought that I might do another 8 km later. With the All Blacks v Canada match and then the Warriers final this afternoon there really wasn't much chance I would get out again.

I found the race quite hard. My glutes were feel sore - I'm not sure if it was the unaccustomed tennis yesterday or just that I've finally found how to get these to do some work. They are even sorer now so I did have them working! The wind was strong on the way out and the times noticeably quicker on the way back. My time for the 10 km race was 64:17 with 32:16 for the first 5 km. I lost a bit of time on the way back when I told the leader he was going the wrong way and he convinced me he was right until we both had to turn back after 100 m or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment