Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunday 24 - 15 km Training Walk

We had planned to walk at around 10:00 am on Sunday but when I opened the front door I discovered it had started raining. The forecast was for the rain to clear later in the day so we did some chores and headed out at around 2:30 pm. We drove down to Petone for a walk down the esplanade and along the Hutt river. We had quite a few interruptions in the first 5 km, to go back to the car to grab the camera, to give Philip a few opportunities to film me and to chat to a couple of other club members we came across on the way. I was not able to get into a rhythm and was very slow as a result. I was able to speed up on the way back to complete the 15 km in 1:53:21 for an average speed of 7:33/km and average HR of 126 bpm.

No comments:

Post a Comment