Friday, May 4, 2012

9.5 km Training Walk

This was meant to be a 10 km walk but I wanted to finish a task at work before I went out and it left me short of time before my 3 pm team meeting so I cut the distance back a tad.

The conditions were lovely and I was pleased with the speed I was achieving quite comfortably after a very modest start. My right thigh and hip were feeling quite sore before the walk but warmed up nicely as I got into it.

I played squash last night and initially thought maybe it was a mistake to try and combine this with walking but I'm hoping that I will be able to get away with it. (My squash is not looking flash though).

I will add the Garmin data later. I haven't brought my connection to do it from this work PC.

9.5 km Training Walk

Total time : 1:03:46  Average pace 6:42 min/km. Average HR 155 bpm.

Wednesday 2 May - 12 km Training walk

I was only a few hundred metres from home when I realised I had left my Garmin watch at home.  Going back to get it meant catching a later train and I figured it wasn't worth it. There are distance markers around the waterfront and I pretty much know where the 6 km turn around is. I decided to walk for 45 min then turn back.  I went half a minute or so over that so I turned around outside the Marakesh Cafe at Greta Point. I walked into a pretty strong southerly wind on the way out so had the advantage of a tail wind going back. Once again I wore the wide belt around my hips to reduce any sideways movement.

The return trip was about 2 minutes faster meaning I completed slightly more than 12 km in 1:28:30.  It was an easy pace but I thought it was a useful session.

No comments:

Post a Comment