Saturday, March 3, 2012

Friday 2 March - 5 x 1 km with 2 min rest

I was a bit slow in my first km but very happy in the way I loosened up for the next three. My pace dropped off again in the last km for an overall average of 6:06. I tried hard to maintain good form throughout.

My splits were: 6:15, 6:07, 6:01, 5:59, 6:10.


Thursday 1 March - 10 km Training Walk

There was quite a strong southerly wind blowing but I decided to walk out and back even though it meant I would be slowed down on the way out. I figured the extra effort required wouldn't do me any harm. I wasn't completely recovered from Sunday so was not too concerned when I found myself walking at 7:30 pace. I was meant to do 2 x 5 min at 10 km pace (which is around 6:10) and decided to leave this until I had the wind behind me on the way back if I could find the energy. I was feeling pretty comfortable throughout the walk and did manage to speed up towards the end although not to 10 km pace. I did not want to work too hard because I wanted to produce a good performance in the 20 km Wellington champs on Sunday. The average pace was 7:20 and average HR 141 bpm.

No comments:

Post a Comment