Thursday, March 29, 2012

10 km Training Walk

It was a stunning day today and I was determined to get out today no matter how busy work was. I had hoped to get out yesterday but that just couldn't happen with all the work I had to do.

My right hamstring was still pretty sore and I was slow for the first km or so. I feared my pace was going to be over 7 min per km but was pleased to find I was able to pick up the speed as I warmed up. There was a moderate southerly wind which meant I had the wind behind me on the way back. I finished the 10 km in 1:07:40 for an average pace or 6:46 and an average HR of 148 bpm.


5 km Waterfront Race - Tuesday

I wasn't feeling too bad but my right hamstring felt pretty sore. John took off way ahead of me but for some reason I decided to try and hang on. He slowed pretty quickly and I passed him after about 500 m. I tried to keep an even pace and to concentrate on the things Jim had told me on the weekend but my performance was a bit more like a fartlek. I seemed to slow down when I relaxed and speed up when I made a deliberate effort to do so. I was pretty happy to finish in 31:01 with an average . That's not bad after two races on the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment