Tuesday, February 28, 2012

5 km Waterfront Race

This was my third race in four days so I was not expecting a great performance. Weather conditions were good and numbers in the event were low, probably because many of the regulars did the half marathon on Sunday. As I settled into the race I thought that it would be good to aim for a time under 32 minutes. I wasn't able to keep a consistent pace but did manage one fast 500 m when I was pushing well off my front toe. My 83 year old friend Michael was running just in front of me and catching him up looked possible but he pulled away from me in the last 1.5 km despite having run in the half marathon on the weekend.

I didn't make the 32 min mark, clocking in at 32:08. That's good enough for what is essentially a recovery walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment