Tuesday, February 14, 2012

5 km Waterfront Race

My main aim for this race was to keep good technique and to work at rolling off my big toes. I was feeling pretty stiff at the start and did a pretty slow time for the first km. I picked out some of the runners that I thought I could pass and mostly achieved that and finished in 31:06 which is not bad considering I couldn't get under a 7 min/km average yesterday. My legs felt a lot better after the race than before. I guess a good stretch out does them good but they will probably stiffen up by tomorrow. I forgot to put my heart monitor strap in my bag today so there is no HR data.


This is the video from the 3 km race at the Oceania Champs. After being DQ'd in the 5 km I thought my chances of finishing the 3 km were pretty slight and naturally I was pretty nervous. I didn't walk well as a consequence, never really finding my rhythm and was pulled off the course with two laps to go.







No comments:

Post a Comment