Monday, April 14, 2014

10 km Training Walk with 3 x 3 min at 10 km pace

It has been convenient to walk on the flat but my lack of speed on the hills last week showed that I need more training in that sphere. I will try to walk home at least once a week. It was much better today.

10 km Training Walk

Saturday 12 April - Great Forest Half Marathon

This was an off-road event over a gravel road that was undulating and very sandy in places. I had walked 69 km in the 7 days leading up to the race so my glutes were fatigued before I started. I was passed in the first 500 m by one male and one female. Their pace was faster than my planned pace so I let them go, hoping they may tire later in the race. I was happy in my result of 2:20:56, 3rd overall out of 135 finishers and 2nd woman on this challenging course. No Garmin data since I left it charging at work. Duh!

Thursday 10 April - 12 km Training Walk with 3 x 3 min at 10 km pace

I found the hills difficult after quite a bit of walking already this week so the speed bursts didn't really happen.

12 km Training Walk

Wednesday 9 April - 10 km Fartlek

I was very happy to complete a 10 km training walk in under 65 min.

10 km Fartlek

Tuesday 8 April - 15 km Training Walk

It was a pretty grim day - wet and windy and my Garmin was low on power so I didn't bother with it. I was soaked to the skin by the time I finished but pleased to have made the effort to train. I think it took around 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment