Sunday, March 16, 2014

This Weekend's Walks

15 km Training Walk - Sunday 16 March

I was keen to get this walk over as early as possible today since the weather is meant to deteriorate considerably later in the day. My aim on the longer walks is to average 7 - 7:30 per km but I knew that would be unlikely less than a day after the 1 hour race. I concentrated hard and was satisfied with my time of 1:56:20 for an average of 7:45 per km.

15 km Training Walk


1 Hour Track Race - Saturday 15 March

I found this event much harder than I expected. I have been doing a lot of longer walks but due to my cast they had been at a pedestrian pace. I would normally expect to comfortably complete over 9.6 km in an hour but only managed 9.097 despite the ideal weather conditions.  At just 2 months since breaking my wrist I have to think that's not a bad effort. It is a lesson not too expect too much in the 20 km in two week's time. I will aim to walk at 6:30 pace and resist the urge to go faster than that in the early laps.

1 Hour Track Race

No comments:

Post a Comment