Thursday, November 8, 2012

8 km Training Walk

It was a nice sunny day and I figured I would go out for a walk at lunchtime. Unfortunately an urgent task came along just at that time so it was nearly 6:00 pm before I was able to get out. I was tempted to flag it but not wanting to start a bad habit, I made the effort.

Having done mostly races recently, I wanted to do an easy walk at around 7 min/km. I did manage that pace but not as comfortably as I had hoped. My average pace was 6:58 and average HR 136 bpm.

I'm glad to have done some training today and looking forward to a walk with club members on Saturday.

8 km Training Walk

Tuesday 6 November - 5 km Waterfront Race

Usually southerly winds mean a good time with a homeward tail wind but this day it was hard work going into the wind at the start. I tried to remain relaxed and to maintain a steady pace. I got to the turn around in around 15:20 so didn't expect to get a time under 30 mins as I had the previous two weeks.

After some competition with a runner on the way back I crossed the line in 30:26, pleased to achieve a negative split. The runner thanked me for encouraging her to a better time.

Looking at the Garmin data I see that my heart rate briefly went up to 249 whilst I was walking into the wind. This is not something I've seen before. My average pace was 6:09 and average HR 169 bpm.

5 km Waterfront Race

No comments:

Post a Comment