Sunday, November 25, 2012

15 km Training Walk

I wasn't out to set any records today - just to do the distance with a focus on my technique. I seemed to loosen up a bit after a couple of km but my pace was averaging 7:38 per km. There was a strong wind blowing which did limit my pace a bit. I completed 15 km in 1:54:31 with average HR 115 bpm.

15 km Training Walk

Saturday 24 November

5 km Race


I was scheduled to play this week's interclub tennis matches (doubles then singles) in the morning followed by a catch up match of my singles that were rained off last Saturday. I didn't expect to start the second match until 1:00 pm but fortunately we managed to squeeze the match in early and finished just before 1 pm.

I phoned Philip to check the time of the race and decided I could get there comfortably provided I did not go home to get my walking gear. I did the race in my tennis clothes and my tennis shoes which are heavier than the running shoes I normally walk in. I tried to walk comfortably and focus on technique and was pleased to see I did the first 500m in 3:02. There were 4 judges on the course which was 4 laps of a 1.25 km loop. It was good to finish the race in second place in a time of 31:14 and great to have no cards and only one warning (from Philip). In less than ideal gear and after playing three tennis matches, I thought this was a pretty good effort. There is no Garmin data since that was at home with the rest of my walking  gear.

Friday 23 November

12 km Training Walk


I needed to fit this walk and a yoga class in so decided to walk to work. This involves a couple of slow km at the start where there is some steeper terrain and carrying a bag on my back which makes it harder to stand straight. I was close to work after 6 km so had to do another 3 km before turning around and heading back to work.

My average pace was 7:55 min per km and average HR 116 bpm

12 km Training Walk

Tuesday 20 November

8 km Training Walk


It wasn't possible to get out at lunchtime and I finished work too late to make the waterfront race so I headed out for a walk at around 5:30 pm.  I started out steadily and tried to increase my effort through the workout. My overall pace was 6:52 min per km with an average HR of 141 bpm.

8 km Training Walk

Sunday 18 November

3000m Track Race


The track at Newtown Park is being reconstructed so this event was on a grass track at the Petone Recreation Ground. The race was an hour later than scheduled so I was well warmed up. I took the lead just before the 200m mark and tried to relax and maintain a good style. There were no judges so no feedback on what I looked like. I found the race hard and was pleased with my time of 18:07. My average HR was 161 bpm.

3000m Track Race

Thursday 15 November

8 km Training Walk


We met up with some other Scottish Walkers at Freyberg pool and did a very easy walk for around 3 km. I then picked up the pace on my own for an extra 500m then turned round to chase the others. I managed to catch them with about 1 km to go, completing 8 km at an average pace of 7:16 min/km. I couldn't find my HR monitor when I was rushing out this morning so there is no HR data.

8 km Training Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment