Monday, September 17, 2012

Two walks from last week

Friday 14 September - 8 km Training Walk

I played a social game of squash in the early afternoon against a reserve for another team.

I felt I would not do a good job of the sprints on my programme and I wanted to explore the river in the opposite direction.

I tried to keep a steady pace even though it was quite slow. I walked 8.64 km in 1:02:42 for an average pace of 7:16 and an average HR of 129 bpm.

8 km Training Walk

Thursday 13 September - 15 km  Kickdown

When I later checked my programme I found that it was only meant to be a 10 km kickdown this week and 15 km next week. I was in Hamilton supporting my team at a squash tournament. We had a team of 7 for 5 places and I am the weakest player so it would take a major injury or illness for me to be put on the court. That meant I could put a good effort into my training.

The Waikato river runs right through the city and has a walkway along the side. I was able to walk 7 km down the river enjoying the lovely gardens of the riverside homes. The path was largely flat but some of the slower times reflect the steeper sections. I was slower than I had planned but I did manage a series of increases in pace. Towards the end the path became steep and my legs tied up so I decided to treat the last 2 km as a warm down.

My average pace each 3 km were 7:25, 7:02, 6:48, 6:38 with 6:38 for the 13th km. My average heart rate was 140 bpm.

15 km Kickdown

No comments:

Post a Comment