Tuesday, April 24, 2012

5 km Fartlek

I was sore after Sunday's walk but quite pleased that the soreness was more in my glutes and less in my hamstrings. I played my first game of squash in over six months last night so that probably contributed to my sore bum.

My watch took ages to find the satellites which was a good thing as I warmed up for around 1 km waiting for it. The wind was significant so I was pleased to see my first 500 m was 2:47 but not so pleased when the first km was 6:00. I'm supposed to keep the pace up over that first km. I found the fast sections of this workout hard. My overall time for the 5 km was 30:34 for an average of 6:07 per km. That's not too different to my pace in the race on Saturday!

It's good to be getting back into my training but I am glad the speed sessions this week are not too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment