Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rest Day

I had a hectic day at work today with several meetings. Fitting a training walk in was going to be tricky, the weather was not appealing and my right hamstring was not feeling good. Everything lined up for me to give training a miss today but I probably walked around 6 km going between my car, work and meetings.

Wednesday 20 June - 10 km Fartlek

My first km was not fast, probably since I did not have time to warm up before starting. The next few fast 500s were pretty good but I wasn't able to maintain that pace right through. I was roped in to play squash that night since one of the players in my team was sick. Trying to save some energy for squash and some for the half marathon on Sunday meant I did not give 100% effort. In an effort to save time I headed back to work over the last km and ended up going around in circles to complete the last 500m which was the slowest of all laps. My overall time was 1:05:47 with an average pace of 6:35 and average HR 154 bpm

10 Km Fartlek

Tuesday 19 June - 12 Km Training Walk

It was cold and raining and my legs were sore I think from Monday's yoga class or possibly Sunday's squash training so I decided a longer slower walk was a better option. I put my raincoat on and headed out. I was pleased to see my pace was better than 7:15 - at other times I struggled to do better than 8 min/km when I've felt like this. I managed a pretty consistent pace throughout and finished the 12 km in 1:26:15 for an average pace of 7:11 and average HR of 142 bpm

12 km Training Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment